life in a minor key

"Humanity has advanced, when it has advanced, not because it has been sober, responsible, and cautious, but because it has been playful, rebellious, and immature." -Tom Robbins

Thursday, October 20, 2005

A few excerpts from the current Rolling Stone interview with Bono regarding aspects of his faith:

"The music that really turns me on is either running toward God or away from God. Both recognize the pivot, that God is at the center of the jaunt. So the blues, on one hand -- running away; gospel, the Mighty Clouds of Joy -- running towards. And later you came to analyze it and figure it out."

"As an artist, I see the poetry of it. It's so brilliant. That this scale of creation, and the unfathomable universe, should describe itself in such vulnerability, as a child. That is mind-blowing to me. I guess that would make me a Christian. Although I don't use the label, because it is so very hard to live up to. I feel like I'm the worst example of it, so I just kinda keep my mouth shut."

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Lot of folks are talking about Bono and faith.

Glad to see you in the blogosphere

6:43 PM  
Blogger heather said...

I like your page, I'm ready to read some of your writing! You bear strange resemblance to Beaker...

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home